Sunday, July 19, 2009

Resolved - Annoying Pop Up/Under Ads

8:10 AM UTC-4 (America/New York) on July 19, 2009
I recently resolved the issue of the annoying pop up ads, which were appearing only on the login.php page. It seems that the rectangle ads placed under the user info are designed by one of my ad publishers to stay above the fold of the web page. When users are logged in, the information sometimes pushes that ad location beneath the fold. This layout caused a set of the rectangle ads to appear as if they were pop-up ads because they would forcibly appear above the fold.



I have replaced those types of ads from that publisher, and after a couple of weeks the problem seems to have been resolved. If you see otherwise, please let me know via comment on this post.

2:04 PM on May 22, 2009
I just received feedback from a BlogPatrol user that they are getting pop up/under ads when they log into BlogPatrol:

I'm getting a popup ad when I log in that is blocking my ability to see my stats without clicking the ad, when you click the X it goes to the ad itself rather than closing the window. Not appreciated....
I'm really sorry. As stated on our FAQ page and privacy policy, we do not condone pop up/under advertising. Therefore, I never give permission for such ads. Unfortunately, the third-party ad networks that I use sometimes publish them anyway. When this happens, I have to manually disable these specific ads (or sever ties with the ad network, which I have done on more than one occasion). I'm currently looking into which of our ad networks is publishing pop up/under ads so that I can disable those ads immediately.

I try to do my best for BlogPatrol users within my part-time means, and I am sorry that these ads have caused any discomfort or inconvenience. Thank you so much for your feedback, which helps to keep BlogPatrol friendly and useful for all users.

If you like this article, then click on this link to "Digg It" and help promote BlogPatrol.com. Thanks!

No comments: